Thursday, July 24, 2014

Week 42- July 6, 2014. This girl is 21 today!

Hello!

This sister missionary is now 21! How strange it is that I would now just be heading out on my mission, instead of in the middle of it. I'm so grateful that I left when I did and for all of the crazy wonderful experience that it has been and for all the of the growth I've done and the amazing people I have met. There isn't a better thing for a person to do than serve a mission. I love this church, I love being a missionary, I love Japan, I love the incredible people, I love the rich culture and the beauty that is the country itself. Oh, and I love the food! I just might not come home. :)

It was a pretty good week too, we got to meet Nakatsuka Kaicho at the zone training meeting. He and his wife were so nice and kind, I instantly just loved them. The workshop he did was so good, he talked about obedience and the importance of following the commandments and rules with our hearts. The spirit was so strong, and I really felt a lot less nervous about the big change. 

We were able to do a lot of finding this week, mostly housing and we talked to a lot of neat people and have a few appointments for next week to follow up on. 

For the 4th of July we had an Eikaiwa party where we played a form of English question baseball and ate a bunch of American cookies. The elders also came and heart attacked our door in the shape of an American flag. 

My birthday was on fast Sunday, and it was basically a normal day. We went to eat dinner with Kakizaki Shimai and she gave us all Kimonos! I guess she had a few extra just lying around and let us have them. That night we went back and put them on (incorrectly) and took pictures, it was a lot of fun! My sweet companions also made me a little apple pie and sang to me, they were so sweet! It was a really good day, thank you for all birthday wishes everyone. :)

Love you all, have a good week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment