Sunday, December 14, 2014

Week 61. November 30th, 2014. Dropping investigators, curry rice with member grandma that rides giant trike with helmet. Week culminates with Tsubaki Chan being baptized and primary program. :)

Hey everyone!

So we decided that we needed to go through and decide if we were going to continue to teach a lot of our investigators or not this last week at DKK, and ended up dropping almost half of them.  I've really been feeling like something wasn't quite right with how we have been doing our dendo recently, and now that we have done that and decided to go out and do more finding than we were before, I am feeling a little bit more at ease. Dropping investigators is really hard for me, but I think this is what we were supposed to do, it seems that the time just isn't quite right for a lot of them, and we need to be putting in more effort to find those who are waiting.

Traning is still going really well, I have been really happy with how Kempner Shimai is learning and how she can do so many things already that took me a lot longer to do. She is a very dilligent missionary, I know that it is going to serve her well. I have loved the time we have had together and would stay with her until the end of my mission if I could! But we both know that is unlikely. Her next companion will love her so much. I know she is really nervous about the next transfer (oh, wait, so am I) but I also know that what ever happens is the Lord's will and what happens happens.

Saturday night we went with all of the elders to a members house for a birthday dinner. She made curry rice for us all and we got to hear her conversion story and just enjoy being with her in her house. This sweet little sister is like 70 and rides a giant trike with a helmet, I guess that is how the missionaries started the contact, ha.

On Sunday we got to see Tsubaki Chan get baptized, she is the daughter of a family in the ward, only the dad is coming to church so they asked us to teach her the lessons. It was fun (and exhausting) to teach her and great to see and feel the special spirit that kids have. The primary program was also going on. I haven't wanted to have children anymore in my life than I did yesterday! They are so cute! Someone let me hold their baby, please!

Love you all, have a good week.

No comments:

Post a Comment