Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Week Five, MTC 8/20/13



Konnichiwa.

Okay, what is going on? I am going to make a big deal out of this, because it is a big deal! It's like you all started school or something and got really busy and had no time to write me! (very much, from you, mom) I'm sure you'll be better next week, right? :) Thank you Kylie, Nana and Momo for the letters, really though. Each one made my day. 

I still love you, everyone else. It's okay. I hope you all had successful weeks and that all like your new students/new teachers. Tell me all about it when you get a chance! I can hardly believe that Jack is in Jr. High and Josh is in freaking High School  (I'm not sure I can say freaking...sorry). I hope all of the kids were really nice to my brothers. 

So as you know I went to the temple last week for the first time, and it was so great. I'm really excited to go again. While we were waiting to go in I opened up to D&C 112, it's become one my favorite sections in the D&C. Look it up if you'd like. :) Going to the temple though, is one of the best things of the MTC. I'm so excited that they're building one in Sapporo, (even though I probably won't see finished while I'm there) it'll be so neat to be able to talk about it with people in Nihon. I think that it'll be a great way to get 
conversation started with new people as well.

Last Sunday in RS we had an awesome lesson about how we are blessed to work side by side with the priesthood and how we must learn to respect it, (even when men are just ridiculous sometimes) because it is God's power. One of my favorite lessons so far. After the lesson they had someone come take our picture with all of us together. I think they might put it up in the MTC or do something exciting with it, which is so neat. I'll always be a part of this great surge of sister missionaries. :) I am in the very last row, so I'll always know where I am in it! 

We had an old BYU football player come talk to us on Sunday. His name is Vai Sikahema, he was pretty cool. I don't know if you know him or not, Dad. He talked about how his mission was the the best thing of his life, even though he's played all these cool football games. I think the Elders all really enjoyed it the most, ha.

Also, Elder Scott came to talk to us! It was so great! Look that up too, ha ha. When he was going to leave we all just stood there quietly watching him go, he turned around and looked at us and yelled, "be good!". We all just stood there and started waving at him and he continued to turn around a few more times and wave at us. No one wanted him to leave! 
Everyone always asks how the language is coming, and it's alright. One of our teachers were telling us some common phrases in Japan, and one was (in english) "Even the monkey falls out of the tree, sometimes" I think that relates to learning Nihongo. (Somehow..) It is all okay though, every day I learn a little more. 

Something really neat happened this week too, we had two Nihonjin Shimai (Japanese Sisters from Japan) come stay in our room. They are two of the sweetest people I've ever met. They're so patient with us and our horrible Japanese, and sometimes they surprise us with some English, ha. It makes me so excited finally get to Japan and meet those wonderful people. 

My Doryotachi and I are the new missionary portal trainers, we basically teach the new Kohai how to use the labs and email and stuff. I guess it's not extremely exciting news, but I think it'll be fun. It's so crazy to think that I'm more than half way done here in the MTC. I feel brand new still, but I'm almost DaiSenpai! (last three weeks) 

That's all for this week, it was a pretty great one here at the MTC. I hope you all are so good and safe. I also need to see some pictures of Sophie on her first day of school. Thank you for everything, love you all.

Love, 
Megan

PS. don't forget to hug Sophie for me. You know I miss my bug. 

No comments:

Post a Comment