Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Week Three, MTC 8/6/13

Hello everyone,

Is it really Tuesday already? I have a hard time coming to terms with that- the time is just flying by! I'm doing really great though, I love it more and more every week. It sounds like everyone is doing really well too and it's Sophie's birthday this week! How is that even possible..? What plans do you have for Sophie's birthday? I've made a little package to send to her (nothing really exciting, the bookstore only has so much...) but keep your eyes out for it. This P Day has been pretty nice too, we did laundry and went to the book store, the usual. We also had our 'P Day Donut' for 'P Day Donut Day'. Did I already tell you about that? We've been taking pictures of every donut we eat on our P days, I guess that's all I can say about it, but we really look forward to it, ha. (we're super healthy here) That's pretty much all for today. Tonight we have a devotional and those are always really neat.

I'm so glad everyone got the letters I sent. Nana is so cute, ha ha. I'm excited to be able to write some real letters later today. Oh, about President Butler, he's in a branch presidency here at the MTC for another branch, I usually bump into him every Sunday since that's when they all come by. He's such a nice man! I was so happy that he said he would send you that picture. It's really good to see someone from before coming here.
Alright, I guess I'll try to remember what I actually did this week, it's hard to remember. It was our first full week as a trio, and it's going really good for the most part. I really like the method we've been using for our progressing investigators (they're our teachers, ha) We all tackle a subject that relates and take turns sharing what we prepared. There is a lot of trying to keep up on my part, Soderquist Shimai is pretty pro and sometimes I have no idea what they're talking about, but I love teaching the lessons. I'm even a lot less terrified of them than I was. (As I'm sure you all can imagine, I was pretty scared of them at first) We saw our first investigator walking around the other day and it freaked me out so much that I just stood there staring at him, you know me, if the situation isn't already awkward, I'll do my best to make it so. It's all good though. :) In our lessons we've had a really great spirit in there with us, and it makes it all so much more comfortable. I've started to really see how much you can love those you teach, even when it's just mogi.

We've also spent quite a bit of time this last week going over some things we covered before in class, which is so great. There is just so, so much to learn, memorize and remember. I've been feeling better in class since then. We've also spent a lot more time looking at gospel topics and teaching techniques. It is so refreshing to take a break from the language and just focus on what it is we're actually going to be doing. One of our teachers made a point to tell us that we're not here to learn Japanese, but instead to teach the people of Japan. Japanese is just the method we're using. Also, we talked about how it's a blessing to learn a new language so we're forced to talk in the most simple way. The spirit doesn't need a large vocabulary to get its point across.
Whenever we're not learning, which isn't often, we're all just together. My district is so great, I seriously just love them all so much. They're all going to make the best missionaries ever, and I can't wait to see them again after this is all over to hear about their success. We've been going out to field a lot to play volleyball together, and it's a lot of fun. I mean, I'm horrible, but we don't keep score or anything. We mostly are just laughing the whole time, which is good, since I'm not getting any real exercise other than that when we go. But really my district is the best, our last district leader started a thing where we go around every morning and say something we like about the chosen companionship of the day. (pretty much humble chair) we just got through everyone yesterday and it's been such a good experience for us all. And now not to brag, but I also have really great companions, every night we all sit together and share stories, it's like a sleep over every night. It's so interesting to listen to what the stories and experiences they've had and to be able to share mine.

Alright, I'm done bragging. I really do love it here though. Sundays are the best too, we had a really good mission conference and then a great fast and testimony meeting. All of our olders missionaries left for Japan this week, it's been really empty here until we get a new batch on tomorrow. (no lines for showers.. :) ) But we're really excited to get some new people, and not just because we won't be the newbies anymore! Johnson Shimai went with the others when they left too, I'm sure she's going to be so great, and I can't wait to see here when we get to go to Sapporo. I'm so excited to get out there, only 6 more weeks.

I guess that's all I've got since I'm out of time. There is nothing better than serving a mission, seriously. I hope you all have a great week and that you write me! Ha. Thank you all for the love and prayers. I miss you all very much, but I'll see you all soon.

Love,
Megan



PS Tell Sophie Happy Birthday for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment