Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Week Six, MTC 8/27/13

Konnichiwa Everyone,

As always thank you for all the love and letters, I apologize for being a brat last week, you all just really do spoil me so very much. Thank you. :) 

It's been another fast flying week here at the MTC, but it's been really good. The biggest news is that I'm getting two new teachers this week. Pehrson Sensei is starting school so he had to change his entire schedule around, which I guess a lot of the teachers are doing right now. So as a result they're just changing it all around, which we all think is really sad. I really do think we had the two very best ones here at the MTC, hopefully they'll pop in every once in awhile. Fingers crossed. In addition to that all of the Daisenpai (oldest missionaries) left for Japan! Our sweet Nihonjin roommates left with them too, I'll include some pictures. In a week or so we'll be getting our new Nihonjin, and they'll be the ones that leave with us. I'm excited to get to have some claim on the next missionaries that come. Also, one of the sister daisenpai had to stay behind for a few more weeks, so we're no longer a trio. It's Soderquist and I now and the other two, it's weird to not have three people and I miss having Miller Shimai around a lot, but we all notice a big difference in how much easier everything is when it's just two. There's a reason you usually only have one companion, ha. I've asked Soderquist Shimai to try and talk more Nihongo to me too, so I think that'll be really good for me. I'm excited to see how my last few weeks in the MTC are going to go. 

I think I've learned some new things about the language too, at least I hope I have. It's hard to see how much progress you make right now. I accepted a challenge from Pehrson Sensei to not write down what I'm going to say, but instead just words I need and construct the sentences while I'm in there. I'm honestly really terrified about this, so it's a good thing I gave him my promise that I would. It's going to be really good for me, I think. (I also think it's really good that Soderquist Shimai knows how to make a lot more sense in Japanese so our lessons don't just explode or something). Being a missionary is the best. 

We're going to try and host this week, meaning we welcome in the new missionaries and show them where their rooms and classrooms are. If we don't get to do it this week, we will the next one for sure. Oh, speaking of new missionaries, I bumped into Sister Knapp in the post office a few days ago. I only talked to her for a second, but she seems really great. Seeing people is the best.

I'm almost out of time this week and I wanted to attach some pictures, so I'm going to go. Sorry this was sort of short, I kind of originally thought I had a lot to say. I really love you all so much. Thanks for the awesome package yesterday. Best one ever! Love you and miss you.

Love,
Megan

Hug Sophie for me, please. 

No comments:

Post a Comment