Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Week Eight, MTC 9/10/13

Hello again,
 
I spent too long looking at all the pictures and emails so I'm short on time. Rib Fest 2013 looked amazing though, miss you all! Can't wait until I get to be there again. :) Thank you for all the letters and the packages as well, you're all so good to me.
Everything is pretty good here, just on the final countdown. This time next week I'll be in Japan! We're going to fly to Seattle and then Osaka! My entire district is not flying together, and we're all pretty sad about it. It's okay though, they're going to be great in Sendai. We're going to get up to see them off about an hour before we go, there will probably be tears involved, and you know I'm not a big cryer. For us Sapporo Senkyoshi we're going to have a 5 hour layover in Osaka, not sure how I feel about that, ha. Miller Shimai is my travel companion which is awesome.. although, if we get lost we'll just be super lost, ha ha. It'll be an adventure. :) Hopefully I can find a cinnabon before we leave the US. I'm so excited to be able to call home too, good stuff. Sophie better be up to talk to me, but don't let her hang up before my time is up, ha.
 
This last week has been pretty good. I now know how to read Katakana pretty well, thanks to the help of one of the Choro, Temanaha Moo. It's nice to not have to worry about that anymore. Now I just need to learn Kanji, ha! The language is going good though, I mean, I can't say much besides a simple testimony. I mostly understand what my teachers say to us now, listening is a lot easier than actually speaking! I know this language will come, and my progress should pick up in speed once I'm actually in Japan. Our lessons with our investigators are going well too, I've felt comfortable in them lately, with the language as well as the doctrine. A few of our lessons have been really blessed with the spirit. :) 
 
Howden Shimai left at 3am on Monday, she only had five hours of notice! We got her all packed up and she's in Kobe now. She was so excited to finally leave the MTC, and I'm sure she's doing great. With her leaving we're now back to a trio, it honestly feels like we never really switched in the first place. On a scary note, Miller Shimai choked on some candy and we had to ride an ambulance down to the ER. It was pretty awful, but everything is fine now. She's a tough little cookie! I'm going to probably have someone chew all of her food for her now, ha. Oh, speaking of food, I'm so excited to not eat at here anymore. It's just too much!
 
We did see that rainstorm, it was awesome! The outside stairway was like a waterfall! Someone came on the intercom and told all the missionaries to go back in, it was kind of sad but funny. Watashitachi wa kodomotachi desu. (We are all children) :)
Later today I'm going to the temple again today, last time for 16 months. I really hope you've taken the chance to go recently. The temple is my favorite place, you all need to try and go this week if you haven't for awhile. My time is up! As always thanks for the love and support, I know you'll all keep me in your prayers during this upcoming week. I can't believe my time has come! Sometimes I don't think there is anyway that I could even be ready for it, so I guess I'll just jump in, ha ha. Oh yes, I'm not sure when my Pday is going to be, so my next email could come at any time. That's all I've got, hopefully I wasn't jumping around too much. I start not making sense when I think about what's about go down shortly.
 
Japan, we're almost on our way...
 
Love you all,
 
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment