Sunday, September 8, 2013

Week Seven, MTC 9/03/13

Hey Family,

How is everyone? I'm doing great here, as usual, but getting nervous to leave! Only two weeks left.. We all got our katakana name tags this week, I'll write what mine looks like in the one I send home, it's pretty cool. We also get our travel plans this week. Things are getting pretty official. I'm getting so excited to leave, but sometimes it seems like I've just been called to serve here, ha. The first morning I wake up in Japan I will probably not believe I'm actually there. 

We got our new teachers this week, they're really great. I miss our old ones a lot, but the sting isn't so bad since the new ones, Hugo Sensei and Oshima Sensei, are wonderful. We don't have very much time to get them progressing, but it's okay. Our lessons with them are going so much better than before too. We've gotten a lot better at teaching, but there is still a lot of work to do. I feel for my first trainer in Japan. It's also been a whole week of just being two with Soderquist Shimai, and it's been good. I miss Miller Shimai, but her new companion, Howden Shimai, is just lovely. She's super funny and witty and always has great comments in class. She's a great addition to our district. She's going to Kobe though, so we won't see her after she leaves, which might actually be this week, we'll see. We might become three again if she leaves before us. 

Our Nihonjin that leave with us also came, I haven't met any of the sisters yet, but a couple of the choro came to our class last night and they're going to Sapporo too. They were both really sweet, meeting missionaries from Japan makes me so excited to go! Tonight we're going to all meet each other and try to use our Japanese skills to communicate. 

I'm running out of time quick, so I'll wrap this up so I can respond to the others I got. Sorry for the short one, I'm honestly having a hard time remembering what was this week and what was the ones before. Thanks to everyone for the love and prayers. I just love being a missionary, and I can't wait to get to Japan. I hope you all have a happy and safe week. Sophie looks so dang cute without her tooth! I'm sure she's getting plenty of love, so I won't insist that you hug her for me, but it would never be a bad idea to do it anyway. Love you all, see you soon. 

Love,
Megan

PS, first picture is of Miller Shimai and I, then we have one with just Howden Shimai, a spontaneous district shot and the last one is just the Sapporo missionaries that were at the temple that day. I sure love these people.  

No comments:

Post a Comment