Sunday, September 22, 2013

Week One in Japan- September 23, 2013

I'm in Japan! This is real! There is so much going on right now, my
thoughts are all over the place. I guess first of all I'm doing well,
I haven't crashed on my bike or anything yet. My companion is a great
missionary, we don't know each other super well, but we're making
progress. I don't have any idea what anyone is saying ever, it's so
crazy.


The people, especially the ward members are really kind and sweet. They are
so, so patient with me. I met everyone at the baptism the
elders had at church right after. I went up during sacrament and
talked for a minute, mostly told them I was brand new so they would
understand I wasn't going to understand much of anything they say and
share my testimony. It was a reallly good thing for me, but pretty
scary. :)  We have a cool progressing investigator who is almost done
with the lessons and might be getting bapitized soon, I'm excited to
get to know her better. We also have visited a recent convert a few
times, Sho Shimai, she's really awesome.


Japan in general is just so different than America though, I know that
sounds silly, but it is so true. I need a little bit more time to
adjust, but I know that I'm going to love it. I do miss my MTC
district though, it is so weird not seeing them everyday all day
anymore, but I am confident that they're well. and I know I will be
good too! I've gotten to know my Savior more in this last week than I
have in my entire life, he is the only one who knows how I feel and it
he is the ultimate comfort to me! Missions are pretty cool. Love you
all, be safe and don't forget to write me.


Love,
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment