Saturday, November 9, 2013

The Big Guy (October 27, 2013)

Hello, hello!

My first transfer is over! (mostly) We are getting transfer calls
tomorrow, everthing should stay the same, but its possible that it
could all change. Stay tuned for next time. :) This last week has been
pretty good!

We had a great lesson with Kimura san, no baptism date yet, but we
were able to understand her a lot more than we did before. I feel like
she is getting closer and closer everytime we meet. Sometimes the pace
is a little frustrating for me, but I realize that its not about me at
all, but her and our Father in Heaven. I need to be so patient, ha.

Since transfers are coming, I've been feeling a little more anxious
than usual, Sister Smith has been really good to work through
little things with me that really shouldn't be such a big deal, but
seem it to me. I am super grateful for her. :)
We got dropped a few days ago by one of our investigators, she had
cancelled and rescheduled our lesson three times, and than an hour
before we were going to leave for her house she called and told us
that she was good, she didn't want to have us come anymore. I was so
sad! We are going to drop by and see her one more time next week, but
I think she really is done with us. :( The life of a missionary, I
suppose.

Last night we went to a member's house for dinner, sushi! It was
awesome. But before we did that we did a mogi, and I was sooo nervous.
We decided to do the baptismal invite, and once I started talking I
was able to get through everything we had prepared. I was really
thankful that it went so well, afterwards, Iwayama Shimai told me that
she thinks my Japanese has improved since just last week! Its possible
she was just being nice, but I'll take it anyway!

As always, I love this work, my 100th day as missionary has passed me
by, and I can hardly believe that its been so long.

Hope you all are well, love you all. And if you haven't ever read
Jesus the Christ, I strongly suggest you do so right now! I'm reading
it right now during personal study, and I am surprised at how long its
taking me to get through. You know me, I fly through books, but while
I'm reading this I take like a half hour on three pages, ha. This just
shows how deep this book is, it is incredible.

Okay, that's really it. :)

Love you,
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment