Sunday, November 10, 2013

Week Eight, Boom (November 10, 2013)

This week was pretty busy again, not a huge shocker though, is that?  On Monday we went to FHE at the Honbu, we took Sho Shimai, a recent
convert.  She is so sweet!  At FHE we played some minute to win it games
and listened to a little spiritual message.  It is a really
non-threatening environment for investigators and new members.  She had
a lot of fun and we were able to schedule a time to meet with her next
week, hopefully we can do one of her after baptism lessons.  She's been
putting them off, and lately hasn't been coming to church.


We also did a mogi this week with a member, it went pretty well!  I was
able to pretty much say all of the things I had been practicing
before, which is always a win. :)


On Friday, we did splits.  I was with a sister named Murray Shimai.  She's
on her fourth transfer, and it was really good for me to see her work.
Even though her Japanese isn't perfect she still makes a huge effort
to say as much as she can to people.  I need to be more bold!  This
gospel is something that can change lives, and I need to make sure I
give everyone I talk to a chance to listen.


I had a few really good talks with Smith Shimai this week, we are
going to work a lot harder on not letting anyone walk past us from now
on.


Kimura san!  We still don't have that date yet, she is telling us that
she is having a hard time feeling anything when we're not with her.
She has also not been coming to church because her sons have been
visiting.  We haven't quite figured out what to say and do to help her,
besides just getting baptized! Having the Gift of the Holy Ghost is
what she needs, honestly.  We are going to meet with her again
tomorrow.  We have a few scriptures and ideas to share with her,
hopefully we are able to get that date set.  She is so, so close.  As
always.


I  love Japan.  I love the great people here.  I love you all.  And I
really love Sophie.


Love,
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment