Monday, June 9, 2014

Week 38- June 8, 2014. Unexpected transfer! Good-bye to Teine, new adventures in rural Kushiro :)



Well hello there everyone, I have some news for you. 

I transferred! You probably didn't even realize that transfers were this week since I didn't say anything about it last week. That is how confident I was that I was going to be staying! But last Monday night my dear Fujita Shimai got a call from the APs saying that she was going to be becoming a trainer. There were many tears shed, to say the least. Fujita Shimai had been the very best companion to me, it was by far my favorite transfer that I've had so far. All night and all the next day at District Training Meeting we were blubbering like a couple girls. I am going to miss her so much, as well as the girls in our apartment, my district and the ward! Oh my sweet Teine!! I thought we had more time! 

Ah, I am cool, sorry. :) So! Ill tell you about the results from transfers! I am in a place called Kushiro, it is the furthest place from Sapporo that a sister can go, it took us four hours by train to get there. The sun hasn't come out from behind the wall of clouds since I got here either. When it isn't raining there is this ever present moisture in the air that sticks to my glasses, I guess it is the coldest place sisters go to as well, ha ha. And I love it! The weather reminds me of San Francisco a little bit, the fog and mist is so pretty and it is so green! After being in the city for almost a year straight, it is so good to see some uncultivated ground. And the trees! I have rarely seen so many trees in my life, I now realize that Utah really is a desert, ha. There are flowers everywhere and a bunch of rivers and it just has a really good feeling everywhere. Kushiro is a miracle area, I just know it. You guys should Google Earth it and see for yourselves. :)

Oh, my companion? I am in a threesome with Murray Shimai (my companion before Fujita Shimai) and Johnson Shimai (Yes, I am serious, my first MTC companion who has the same name as me, the jokes are ever-present and non-stopping). Our Heavenly Father must be funny guy. But they are wonderful missionaries and I am really excited to work here with them. I am going to have to do my best to make sure that I do my part here. Last transfer they worked here just the two of them and had a great time, but this time they have a new little tag on. I really know that I have a purpose for being sent here, I don't know what it is yet but I will figure it out. :) We have had a lot of fun already and I think that we are going to see a lot of progress in this area.

The ward is actually a branch of like 30ish people, a bit of a change but that is what happens when you go out in the middle of nowhere. They are all very sweet though! The area is on the ocean too, so everyone says that it has the best food and sunsets in the island. (Someone told me that it has the 3rd best sunset it the world, ha ha, maybe the sun will come out and I will see it!) We got some sushi today with a member who had us help with her English class and then took us out to lunch, it was really good!

I haven't done a lot of work yet here since I just arrived, but we did find a really sweet girl who said she would come to Eikaiwa. Also yesterday a lady who we said hi to that was on her porch chased us down with a tray of food that she had decided she wanted to give to someone, we invited her to Eikaiwa as well, ha. Contacting with two other people to work with is a bit different for sure, but it is also a lot of fun. There are rarely awkward silences since at least someone is able to think of something to say. Also, there are a lot less people on the streets and everyone seems to be in less in a hurry then they were in the city. So when we do find someone we have to make sure we do a good job.

Overall, I am excited to be here and I am going to give it all I've got and help these people learn about this gospel... And pick a lot of flowers and ride through all of the rain puddles. :)

And hey, this church is true! Love you all, have a great week! 


Megan


PS, have a good Fathers Day, Dad, Dada and any other man with children who might be reading this. :) I love you, Dad! 

No comments:

Post a Comment