Monday, June 23, 2014

Week 39- June 16, 2014. Feeling more at home in Kushiro in the country. And hey, Japan has ants too, and they're creeps!

Hey guys, how are you all doing? Well, I hope! 

First of all... Happy Father's Day! Did you have a good day, Dad? :)

This last week flew by, (again..) but it was another good one, ha. I was able to meet a lot of investigators and members, and I feel a lot more at home now. The people out here in Kushiro are really special I feel like, this area is a miracle one. Since there aren't a lot of people on the street I was worried that we wouldn't be able to make very many appointments, but I've been proved so wrong! My number of contacts have gone down, but the number of appointments that we make hasn't. I know with a surety that Heavenly Father puts people in the path of missionaries who have been prepared. We just have to make sure that we stop everyone that we come across.

The members here are incredible too, we have a few sisters in the ward that are actively seeking people to tell the gospel to and bring them to activities all the time. In fact, tomorrow we have an appointment that a member set up herself with her friend! They are also really active with Eikaiwa, our English class, coming and bringing their friends, it's just great. When members and missionaries work together miracles happen, the prophets are right! 

There is a really sweet mom that we are teaching right now that we met with this week, we had a little lesson with her and are hoping to meet with her one more time before she goes to get a little surgery done next week. My companions are pretty sure that we will be able to get her a baptism date pretty soon too. 

We have like three ladies who really love English that we are doing the 'Free Family English Program' with. Essentially we spend an hour with them and split it half and half, gospel message and an English lesson. It's a lot of fun, and a really good way to teach someone who maybe doesn't think they have interest in the message, ha ha. One is a younger lady, in her 20's, who is really open to the gospel, I foresee some good lessons in the future!
There are a few recent converts that we are working with too, one is only going to be here for another week and then is going back to her hometown because her husband is getting let out of the hospital, which is great, but the ward she is going back to has some issues, so I am a bit worried about her. I hope that the missionaries take good care of her. Her little testimony is still in need of a lot of support. There are too many non-attending members as it is, sometimes I get really frustrated at how many people go inactive so quickly after converting. That is probably the hardest thing to see out here. 

We had an ant issue for a few days, but after a long battle (and many failed attempts, including tape, bleach, q-tips and the vacuum...) we were able to fend the pests off with some bug killer. I was really impressed with how quickly that cleared up the problem. I'm glad that someone knows what they are doing! It had gotten out of hand though, in a lesson with Nakamura Shimai, I noticed something moving in a strand of my hair and nearly screamed when I realized that it was an ant! And then not two minutes later, there was one climbing on my arm under my watch! Even though we finally got rid of them I haven't been able to shake it off completely. Little creeps! 

I love my companions, they are super missionaries and everyday is a lot of fun. Sometimes it's strange being three- but for the most part we just have a great time. We are all a little bit sassy, which can get out of hand, ha ha. This next week is going to be a lot of fun, we are having a big sleep over with four other sisters for a few days, including my trainer, Smith Shimai, for zone training meeting and a zone activity. Our dendo time gets cut into a bit, but it'll be a good week!

Love,
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment