Sunday, November 16, 2014

Week 57, November 2, 2014. Laman and Lemuel are jerks and Harry Potter Halloween mixed with missionary work. The best

We had two really awesome lessons this week that I want to tell you all about!

So, Kikichi(2)san! We had been trying to get her to say she would read the Book of Mormon for the last 3 months, and finally she did! And she ended up reading the entire first book of Nephi! That was due to the fact that sometimes my Japanese is still terrible and she thought that was what I was asking this whole time. Won't say I'm sad, at all! Her impressions were that she thinks Laman and Lemuel are jerks, ha. I think so too. She told us she would keep reading too. I am perfectly confident that she isn't going to be able to put it down until she finishes it.

We were also able to do our first member present lesson in a really long time with Okuda Shimai and our cute little Tsuruno San, she was able to answer a bunch of questions she had and help with the Japanese as well. It really is so true that members do awesome work. :)

Our halloween party was this week as well, there were more than 100 people there, twice as many as we had hoped and about half of them weren't even members. The play we put on went well, and was a lot of fun. I was just so happy to be doing missionary work and Harry Potter at the same time. It was a once in a mission chance, and I am so glad we took it!

Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment