Saturday, October 4, 2014

Week 45 Trip to Kushiro for ZTM. Interview with new mission pres, brings spirit and insight

Heeey,

This week I got to go back to Kushiro for three days for a district activity and for Zone Training Meeting. It was so strange to go back, it felt like I had never left. I loved seeing the area, apartment and some of the people again. For the activity we played sports at a giant gym with all of the missionaries in our zone. Miller Shimai was there, so we ended up talking a lot and eventually ditching everyone to go walk around outside, ha. It was nice, although the weather was very un-Kushiro like, the sun was out the entire time I was there and it was HOT. 

Nakatsuka Kaicho came over for the ZTM and we all had our fist interviews with him. Getting to sit and talk to him was really good, I instantly felt calm and was able to recognize that he was really called here by God and I know that he has the right to revelation for this Sapporo mission. He asked me if I needed help with anything, and I confided in him that I felt really inadequate and weak still, something that has been pressing hard on my mind since I my end is closer than my start is. I was hoping that he would be able to help me recognize some inner strength I didn't realize I had, tell me something that would show me what I need to do to feel confident. He looked me straight in the eye and in all seriousness told me simply, "That is great". I thought maybe he didn't understand me, and he probably guessed by the look on my face, so he repeated himself, "That is great!". I was hit with a wall of the spirit. He explained it all to me, I don't remember what he said now, but I now see that my weakness and feelings of inadequacy are a blessing. It gives the Lord room to work and to show me how he wants me to be. I'm so grateful for my mission president's wise words and for the bigger insight I have on myself. 
 
We then went back to Obihiro, after a four hour train ride. It was a lot hotter there than I remembered too! Summer in Hokkaido just doesn't make sense still, ha ha. It was good to be back and see our investigators again, although nothing much has changed yet! We called Sone san and he told us that he was reading the Book of Mormon side by side with the Bible and that he was having a really good study! I'm so excited to get to meet with him again next week.

Today we are going to a Matsuri, festival, there is going to be a lot of fun food and people dressed up in kimons! Pictures to come next week! 

Love you all, have a great week, stay cool,

Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment