Friday, October 17, 2014

Week 52, September 28, 2014. No baptism for Masuda san. Megan reminded to just love them, be patient and remember faith, hope and love. Transfers are this week, Nagamine Shimai leaving?

Heeello,

Well, I'll tell you first off, Masuda san did not get baptized. It was all very heart wrenching too. We went by on Monday right after I had finished emailing, when we got there she was again laying down, unable to sit up again. She told us that for now she is not really sure that she can really focus on anything right now and for the moment that she is putting it all off until she recovers. We haven't been able to make another appointment and go back since. I was so sure that if she could realize that even though the gospel can't take her physical pain away, but that it is what she needs, that things would work out. We can't make people understand that though, its up to them. Sometimes that is the most frustrating thing as a missionary! With time I hope that we can help her get things figured out.

Right now my area has a ton of investigators, three of them having baptism dates coming up in the next few months. Normally that's exactly what you want but they all struggle so much with their faith and have a hard time keeping commitments. I'm not entirely sure what I need to change to get them to where they need to be, but I'm working on figuring it out. My mission president recently reminded me over email that I just need to love them. I guess it all starts there, ha ha. He asked me what kind of love I have for them, which has really made me think. I know what it is that they need for eternal happiness, but they don't understand that now. 

I need to be patient and show some faith, hope and love and things will work out. Maybe not how I want them to but that really isn't the point, ha. Heavenly Father has a plan for everyone and I get to be a small part in it for all of these people. 

Love you all, have a good week! Be looking for my email next week, transfers are upon us and I think my sweet companion Nagamine Shimai and I are parting ways! 

No comments:

Post a Comment