Saturday, October 4, 2014

Week 48, Aug 24. Staying in Obihiro and with Nagamine Shimai. Floating noodle party!

Hey people,

So I ended up staying in Obihiro with Nagamine Shimai! My first time doing two transfers in a row with a companion since I was a fresh bean with my trainer. I really couldn't be happier too, she is such a joy to work with. She is so diligent, always gets everything done when it needs too but we also are able to have a lot of fun together too. And even though she is my senior, she and I do it all pretty much together. Also, my Japanese has improved a lot with her as well. Couldn't be happier. :)

We made another baptism date! Her name is Masuda san, I think I told you guys about her last time a little bit since she came to church. She has a little five year old daughter that I just love. Masuda san told us that she was going to church for Mai chan so she could have social experiences and make friends, but I really believe that she herself likes our church and its teachings. We've been meeting almost everyday lately, today we are going over and she is teaching us how to make some potato meat dish and then we are going to teach her about the Restoration. 

On a more slightly sad note, our dear Sone san sort of fell off the planet. We called him and he told us that he was going out of town for a while, but wouldn't say where or when he would be back. I am hopeful that he will come back and the we will be able to meet him again this transfer, but for now we just have to wait. It is going to be hard for him to baptized on his scheduled date. Right now though, we are just praying that he will let us come back again.

This week we had a ward somen party, essentially it was a like the marble game that we had as kids but like 20 times bigger and had a hose attached to it and instead of marbles we sent noodles down it. Everyone all gathered around and snatched out the somen, dipped it in sauce and had a grand old time. Excuse the bad explanation. Pictures to come. :)

Love you all! Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment