Friday, October 17, 2014

Week 53, October 5, 2014. Johnson Shimai is a trainer, has a new bean- Kempner Shimai from Pleasant Grove. Bean power!

Weeeell... They made me a trainer. No one saw that coming. 

Her name is Kempner Shimai, and I like her. A lot. :) 

I was really surprised though, really. There was a part of me that was thoroughly convinced that I would be able to go the whole way as a junior companion. There is certainly a lot of stuff I'm now in charge of that I wasn't before. I'm the primary Japanese speaker now, I call the people on the phone, answer when they call and get to lead in all of the lessons and contacts. But it's working out, ha ha. I know I am getting some major extra help this time around. From Heavenly Father and my sweet companion. Even though she doesn't always know what is going on, she is always quick to help, always reminding me of things I've forgotten, and so patient with me when I have to take a second to figure out what on earth we should be doing. 

It's going to be a good transfer for sure. 

Also, bean power is real! We have had some really amazing contacts this week! We found several people who seem as though they have real interest and were able to get numbers and make appointments. 

Right now our biggest challenge is trying to figure out who of our investigators that we already have will really progress or not, and try to make the most use of the time we have. 

We had a cool experience this week when we did a member mogi, lesson practice, one of the sisters who hasn't been coming to church that much. I felt the spirit really strong and it was a really good, fun time. I'm hopeful that we will be able to keep building the relationship with her and help her come back to church.

Love you all! Have a good week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment