Sunday, January 18, 2015

Week 67. January 18, 2015. Last zone conference, so many emotions. The overwhelming emotion, gratitude. Staying up late and playing Samurai Sword with Miller Shimai at ZC in Kushiro. Last splits and 'daisuki'

Hey,

So we were off in Kushiro for my very last zone conference at the start of the week. Talk about a ton of emotions. I didn't really know what to share for my last time at the testimony meeting, and I honestly don't remember anything that I said, must have not been all that profound. I do remember how I felt though. I was feeling, and still am, just an overwhelming sense of gratitude. My mission was really great, is really great. I honestly didn't know what to expect coming in, but it has been exactly what I needed. It has become the basis for the rest of my life. I have learned things I don't think I could have any other way. And I have no idea how to really package it up into a nice little testimony for everyone to understand. That is why you just have to experience it for yourself I guess. But, I can say simply that it really is the best, and that this church is true. 

We did have a really fun time though in Kushiro, hanging out with Miller Shimai is always the best! There was a card game that Auntie gave me for Christmas that we taught to them, we stayed up much too late playing, ha. Yeah, Samurai Sword! It was a fun little last sleepover. 

When we got back we went on splits with the STLs, another last for me. We didn't have too much time, so I took cute little Yoneda Shimai on a bus and we went to visit Kikuchi(2)san, she and Yoneda chatted a bit, usually the Nihonjin takes over a bit like that. At one point Kikuchisan started to talk about how much I always say that I "daisuki" (really love) everything, the Book of Mormon, God, my companion, her...  I thought it was really funny that she thought that about me. It might just be because I don't have a big enough vocabulary, which is the reason she thinks that. Or maybe it's that I really just love everything, ha ha. It sort of was an eye opener to me though, a small thing, but it was cool to see that that is the image she has of me. Sort of childlike, but nice. 

Other than that, we have just been out visiting people and sharing the gospel, it has been good to be back to work, especially with the end looming.

I sure love you all, have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment