Saturday, January 31, 2015

Week 69. January 25th, 2015. Volleyball butt-kicking by Japanese grandmas...and Tsuruno san came to church!

Hey, it is cold! And 5 am. We had to take the early shift for emailing this morning. Its just how it goes when there are eight missionaries and only one computer at the church. Hope you are all doing good though. It has started to snow quite a bit lately, my not so secret wish right now is that it will snow everyday until I leave, ha.

We started this week off really well with a mogi with a non-attending member. She hasn't been to church for more than 10 years, but she used to be the relief society president! I've been visiting her since I came, but haven't really seen her make an progression or anything. We would just go and do some various service around her yard. She has pretty bad eyes and lives by herself so she needs help every once in a while. I've done all sorts of things from trim her bushes, pull out the finished bean vines in the fall, and chisel away the ice/snow in front of her front window. From serving her, I've really come to love her and was so happy to be able to finally schedule a mogi lesson with her! It ended up going really well, she told us about her conversion story and I could tell that she was feeling the spirit again, and that it had been a long time. With just a bit more time and love I pray that we will get her back.

We were also able to go play mini volleyball with a potential investigator and make her a real investigator. The volleyball itself was surprisingly intense, and more surprisingly a lot of fun. There were eight really healthy grandmas playing, and they kicked our butts! I had to keep myself from just smacking it the ball down over the net when it came to me, I was a good head and shoulders taller than the net, ha ha. Afterwards we were able to go to the lady's house and teach her a lesson too. 

The very highlight of the week was yesterday though. Tsuruno san came to church!! Everything was going so well with her until we taught the Sabbath day lesson. She hasn't ever been before and said that she was really busy and wouldn't be able to come until March! Then she just showed up! I guess she finally told her husband that she wanted to go and he drove her down to us. :) She had a really good time, it seemed that all of the lessons were really meant for her. I hope that she will be able to come from now on! 

Love you all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment