Friday, January 3, 2014

Week 14, a really big (fake!) sword, December 22, 2013

Well, we are going to have a white Christmas! The snow just won't stop.
:) And neither will the slick walkways, I won't even admit how many
times I've hit the ground already... It's good fun. :)

This week has been so wonderful too. I love working with Budge Shimai!
She is so on top of everything, we have had such a busy and uplifting
week. First of all, we've found three new investigators! One came to
us at church yesterday, it was really neat! She noticed a change in
the her friend who's been coming for awhile, and decided that she
wanted to try out our church! What a big deal being a good example is!
I am so excited to meet with her next week.

Kimura san is doing great too. We are going to go through the lessons
one more time before she gets baptized. Lately she has just been
glowing though. I dearly hope she can keep her doubts at bay!

One quick story, so the other day we were visting non attending
members and we found a man who hasn't been to church for some 20 years.
We sang a song and shared a scripture like usual, (I wasn't really sure
how mentally there he was though to tell you the truth) and invited
him to church. He said he might if his health was okay, so we started
to make our way out when he decided he wanted to show us his katana
(sword)! He just pulls it out and is holding it in front of us, making
it a little hard to retreat. I honestly thought we were toast! It
turns out it was fake, and he put it away, but I was afraid! ha ha!

That aside, it really is starting to look and feel a lot like
Christmas now, at first I wasn't really sure when it would, but it
happened! This ward is so sweet too, we have so many presents to open
from them! We are baking a lot of thank you cookies, needless to say.
:) Also, getting the 12 days of Christmas letters from some of my dear
loved ones has been so amazing. I am a little behind, but I read
Auntie Sarai's today, and it made me cry! I love you, Auntie! Can't
wait to read Guncle, Momo, Nana, Dada, Dad and Sophie`s! Thank you so
much, Mom, for getting that together for me. Love you! It feels like
Christmas!

The language might be speeding up too. We speak Japanese only,
everyother day. I think its going to be really good, already I've
noticed a difference in my hearing comprehension.

I read Mosiah 15 : 10-14 the other day, it really hit me hard,
especially at this time. You should check it out. :) We are Christ's
seed, and he loves us! And I love you! Thank you all for everything.

Love,
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment