Sunday, January 26, 2014

Week 19, Kimura san is now Kimura shimai! And a new Japanese companion

Helllo all!

So I sent home dear Budge Shimai! She is now in Tokyo with her family!
I miss her, but I know she is still working just as hard as ever. She
is a true lifelong missionary, and she will help so many people come
to know this gospel in her life. I also look forward to hanging out
with her when I get home!

My biggest news this week though, Kimura san is now Kimura shimai! The
baptism was so wonderful. She was really nervous but in the end it was
so peaceful and beautiful. :) Its kind of odd to not have her be an
investigator anymore, Ive been teaching her for as long as I've been
in Japan. No complaints of course. I look forward to continue working
with her though, helping her prepare to enter the temple and do the
work for her husband.

AH, I love this Gospel.

I also have a new companion! She is Japanese! Her name is Amada shimai
and I love her. :) I was pretty afraid when I got the call telling me
that my next companion doesn't natively speak English, but it was in
vain. We both are working to learn each others languages, so it works
out. We've decided that we were going to speak only English or
Japanese every other day. I am so excited to see my language skills
pick up! On the personality level, we really have a lot in common!
It's been neat to see how similar we are is so many ways, ha ha.

Well, I love you all, I hope you are all doing great and giving away
the Book of Mormon to all of your friends. Tessa Daniels is a great
example of that! Until next week!

Love,
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment