Sunday, January 19, 2014

Week 16, New Years party with delicious Chawamushi- and Japanese Saturday's Warrior?!

This week was a lot of different! Including the fact that I just
emailed five days ago, so it's not even a full week, ha. We were able
to get back to normal on Friday though, so that was really nice.

Wednesday night, last pday, we went over to a members house, Iwayamas,
and had a little new years party. They had some traditional Japanese
food, like Chawamushi that was basically savory egg pudding with meat
and veggies inside. Really good! I have the recipe too. :) We then
watched Saturday's Warrior, in English. That isn't as random as it
seems though! You see, Iwayama shimai is an English teacher and they
saw Saturday's Warrior once before translated into Japanese. It was
really enjoyable, and really just as terrible as I remembered! We
shared a message that night about the new year, and made some goals
with them. It was a really fun time.

Thursday we spent the entire day cleaning. There isn't really anything
much to say about that, so I am moving on.

We've met a few really great potential investigators on Friday and
Saturday too! Nakamura san has a friend from high school that was
Mormon, we gave him a Book of Mormon and are planning on passing him
to the Elders. (Sooner rather than later.. He recently asked Budge
Shimai if she has a boyfriend! yikes!)

There is also Osanai san, who we gave a Book of Mormon to as well, we
have another apointment with her next Friday. I am really excited to
meet with her again! I think her heart is pure and soft, just right to
recieve this message. :) There was another woman too, she normally is
living in Australia, but was home for the holidays. She seemed pretty
interested, and she speaks English! We wouldn't be able to teach her
for long, but she would get a good foundation for the Australian
missionaries. :)

Kimura san is doing so great! She is just wonderful. I can't wait for
her baptism! The other woman we are teaching, Watanabe san, needs a
slower pace than we were going. Our last lesson ended up not being
about the Plan of Salvation at all, but instead we adjusted and talked
about the importance of forgiving others. It ended up being a great
lesson, I hope she was able to let it peirce her heart. The spirit has
a hard time being with you if you are so full of bitter feelings!
We'll keep working with her.

Budge Shimai is amazing, I'm enjoying being her companion. I learn so
much from her all the time, and I hope she has maybe learned something
from me too. I am so grateful that I got to snag her for her last
transfer!

Other than that, I don't have much. This week has been pretty cold,
and we have a lot of snow! Everything is so beautiful right now, I
really, truly love it here. :) I hope you all keep warm! Love you all.

Love,
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment