Sunday, January 19, 2014

Week 18, Mochi and Transfer Eve. Smith, Budge, ....? And "Good Timber"

Hello everyone!

Kimura san is getting baptized next week! So far everything is going
great for her! Her interview is next Thursday. I am so excited for
her. :) She came to sacrament meeting and we filled out her
paperwork, and we have one more appointment this week. We are going to
talk about eternal marriage and temple work. :)

Our other investigator, Watanabe san is sick right now. She also is
needing us to slow down our lessons to once a week. I still feel like
she is progressing, but she just needs it slower. It will be
interesting to see how it goes when Budge Shimai leaves. She really
loves her! Im sure we will all get along fine though, with who ever my
next companion is! Speaking of that, I find out tomorrow! I most
likely will be staying though, if I do, I most likely will get to see
Koho Shimai when she gets back! We havent been able to do our skype
lessons yet, but this week seems like it might work out. The member
who we are going to do it with has been very busy! Fingers are
crossed!

We also were able to go to Osanai san this week again. She wasn't there
the first time we went, but when we went back she was! She promised us
again that she would read, and we have another appointment with her on
Saturday! It's neat teaching someone with a Christian background.

We had a mochi tsuki this week too, where you pound rice into 'mochi'
with a mallet that is taller than almost everyone (except me and a few
others, ha...) and eat it in various ways, like filled with sweet
red bean paste, or putting in it seaweed with a soy sauce and sugar
sauce on top! It's all so good! I even got to try pounding the mochi a
bit, ha ha. I was terrible. But mochi is delicious!

It's been really cold! But the snow is beautiful, like always. Hokkaido
is just spectacular! I hope you all have a great week, and if you have
a chance, read President Monson's talk from last conference. Pay
special attention to the poem he quotes, "good timber" I read it today
for personal study, and I have decided to memorize it. It is a good
one. Love you all so much. OH, I hit my sixth month mark too! I almost
forgot!

No comments:

Post a Comment